Thursday 3 January 2013

2012 Year Highlights and 2013 Goals !

Well, I know this blog post is well over due (no excuses) however as i write this i am suffering from an ear infection and probably the worst flu to date. AND what a horrible time to be feeling like dirt ! Each and every day NF.Birds is filled with posts of great birds ! Winter warblers, thrushes, and Ducks ! So Everyone consider yourselves lucky !!
As anyone could of guessed my biggest highlight of 2012 was going to the arctic ! Not only did i see birds, mammals, ice, snow and rock i also visited Greenland and can say i seen the Greenland ice cap ! 


Another thing that i would consider an highlight would be i feel like in 2012 i have increased my photography skills. I'm not bragging, i have come to this conclusion because i have looked over my pictures on flickr over and over and over again and i have noticed that the quality in the pictures is better. Also i use a different photo editor but I'm not looking at colour or that stuff I'm looking at angle, eye contact, presentation, am i getting a message across, etc

One more highlight that i have been working on and will be working on in 2013 is a local store in town has agreed to start selling my pictures, in the new year which is a great start I think as far as the photography business goes. Also it is motivation to do better and raise my bar as far as picture quality goes.



For 2013 my goals are:

Go to the antarctic (A work In Progress)
Get a job with parks Canada for the summer (looks good !!!)
Visit cape freels at peak shorebird season
Visit the puffins in bonavista
Get some better shots of horned larks
Photograph at least 1 Owl
See more then 10 species of warbler in breeding plumage
I could go on and on but i dont want to get my hopes up haha One Final goal would be to keep updating the blog more often and get more people to comment !!!!!!! Happy New Year !


2 comments:

  1. Nice Shoveler pic!

    Gotta post more often if you want more comments :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the owner of the BirdCanada.com blog, which is being turned into a multi-author blog with lots of folks posting once a month. We would love to have you join us, and we already have two fantastic 15 year old birders on board. Please email birdcanada@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete