Friday 20 July 2012

St.Brendan's Island Continued !

Every summer ever since i was born me and my family have travelled to the island to visit family but in recent years it has been a great time for me to go birding and it always beholds interesting birds !

 


This trip was no exception, with in 20 minutes of arriving i found a singing male magnolia warbler ! They are not very common and i sure wasn't expecting to see one here ! I also had a few other species in the alders that cover 40% of the island !


I also visited a sea gull and tern nesting island called shoal's island. It was almost overwhelming to see so many birds on a small Rocky outcrop in the ocean ! I should also mention to anyone that plans to go to a nesting island that it is very very stinky.......



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm now VERY busy getting all my gear and other things I'm going to need for my trip like filters for my camera,camera batteries, hiking boots, thermal underwear and even a Newfoundland flag ! Only 9 days now !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment